Saturday, August 9, 2008

{Katie + Wedding Dress = Awesome}

I know I have been a slacker poster lately. I mean well, but I have had back-to-back shoots and weddings for the last two weeks. My time has been spent shooting, shooting, shooting and then getting everyone's pictures to them. Crazy! August is busy, but so fun. I love meeting new people and exploring new places.
Yesterday was a perfect example of trying new things. Meet Katie. My totally awesome cousin-in-law who asked me to do her trash the dress. This picture is just a sneak peak of our 12 hour day. I put over a 100 miles on my car as we drove pretty much everywhere. Although we both felt a little sleepy at the end, it was so much fun. I shot at all new places which is always so exciting for me. I promise, there are many more pictures to come. I only shot around 1200, so it shouldn't be too hard to edit down to my favorites, right?
Some of you may be thinking cute Katie is crazy, but it was a totally liberating experience. By the end of the night I'm pretty sure she had a whole forest and ecosystem living in the tulle of her dress. It might make you feel better to know that the dress was already ripped after being stepped on at her reception and we didn't do anything to it that can't be dry cleaned out. The only casualty was the veil, which was lost in the Great Salt Lake. One moment it was floating next to us, and the other moment it was gone. So sad.
So, yes, in the end the dress did get wet. You will just have to wait for those pictures. Trust me, they are sweet. Thanks Katie for hanging out with me all day and being the most wonderful model. You were the BEST! And when I say that I'm imagining those funny talking cards at Target that say, "You are the beeest!" Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Too random?

2 comments:

caitlin said...

(I gotcha Lindsey)

Okay, I am so so excited to see these pictures. Not only did you have a gorgeous model, but you know I am a huge fan of your photography. Yay! (imagine me clapping my hands and saying yay!, too much excitement?)

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Lindsey! YAY!!! I'm so excited to see them all.... I seriously had SO MUCH fun. I've been talking about it nonstop since Thursday. I told Ry about the train (bad idea on my part), but he is excited too. He took my dress to 1 dry cleaner and they were pretty appalled. They wanted to charge A LOT, so today we are going to check a few other ones.

Thanks for the sweet words in your post.... You're so talented, I'm pretty sure I got the better end of this deal...

Have tonz of fun on your vacation.